Sunday, July 10, 2011

Abuelo- sweet senor from Mexico

Abuelo & Dad checking out the Patio

Is this my good side?

What are you saying? Yo no hablo inglés!


Really?!

Sun bathing. Is this what passes for a beach up here?


Oh, for goodness sake!!


Pretty cool, all I have to do here is lay around all day ;)

Please, pretty please....

Aren't I a handsome fellow...hahah

Abuelo is making the transition from a tropical island off the coast of Cancun, Mexico to the great northern woods in Ontario very well. Right now he's napping at my feet without a care in the world. He's my first male foster but he won't be my last. Now that I know about belly bands (in this case an old tea towel cut in half with two elastic straps holding a sanitary napkin)  there's no worry about him marking in the house. He's already been trained to our Invisible Fence & loves to slowly circle the yard following his nose. I'm sure there's lots of new smells here.
Yesterday we went to the annual LOYAL Rescue volunteers picnic & he got to meet a lot of other foster & family dogs. He was polite to all of them, except for the big Weimarene who he barked at but then ignored. He worked the room getting pets & scratches from everyone as they arrived ,& of course, the occasional tidbit of cheese or chips.
He is the most low maintenance foster I've had since the days of Sweet Marie, Peke/Toy Spaniel senior who  was as much work & trouble as a lawn ornament. And she peed on the floors til I house trained her, Abuelo's belly bands are taking care of that problem.
There is a quiet home out there somewhere that has been waiting for Abuelo to come along & make their lives whole. So...here he is, hurry up & apply for him before someone else snatches him up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment